Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy February!

Good morning, ladies! Happy February!!
Just a reminder that we are doing the burn out shirt orders again. They are $20 and you can fill out a purchase slip(we have these) with your name, email and size when you pay for the shirt. We will be collecting orders for the next 2 weeks.
Also, we are participating in the Zumbathon at the UAW on February 25th from 10:30 -12:30. Cost is $10 and is is 2 hours of fun! We'd love to see you there!

So I was thinking and praying about what to talk to y'all about this month. When I think of February, I always think of love. Then I started to think "How am I to love as a Christian?"
We think that loving someone is easy, but it's not. I am called, as a Christian, to love my neighbor as myself. I'm called to love my enemies. I'm called to love at all times.
Well, let me tell you that I am not good at loving like this! This is very difficult. I have been convicted many times on the way I love and therefore I am issuing this challenge! This month, I am going to love like crazy!! I AM going to love my neighbor as my self! I AM going to love my enemies! I AM going to love at all times! It is not going to be easy, that's why it is a challenge! I'm going to make an effort to be more conscious of how I treat people and the way that I think! The way that I act should reflect my Savior living in me!
So, who's with me? Let's be radical in our love for others this month. Let's go out of our way to show love to others even when it means that we will not be gaining anything! Let's sacrifice for others the way that Christ sacrificed for us!
I want you to post on our FB page or comment on here ways that you fulfilled this challenge daily. Remember this is a daily challenge. Each day this month!! Report back to us, not what you did, but that you "completed today's challenge." Again, we don't want to know what you did...just that you "completed today's challenge."
Let's show love this month!!
1 Corinthians 13:4–8a
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails .

No comments:

Post a Comment