Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Attitude?

Happy New Year, ladies!! We hope you had a great Christmas and New Year with your family and friends. We had a great holiday and are completely ready to start back to the healthy lifestyle we had before Christmas...anyone else out there with us? As we think about the new year and making those resolutions, we are hoping that we can resolve to be better in the eyes of God! Our verse this month reflects our hopes of 2013 entirely! Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer. How often do we get mad or have a bad attitude? For me it is more times than I can count. My resolution this year is to take time to breathe and recall this verse each time I'm at the end of my rope. It's time for me to remember that all my actions and words need to reflect the Savior who is living in me. That's how the world can see me being different! I want to be different, therefore I need to act differently. There is nothing on this earth that is worth it to me to cause someone else to look at my witness and not see the Father! Y'all with me? I need your help to hold myself accountable on this! I would like for us for the next year to really memorize the verse of the month. Maybe even quoting at the beginning or end of class would be great for me (sorry I'm being selfish, but I learn by repeating). I don't want to take God's word lightly! I want to live and breathe it! I want to share it! Your thoughts? Let's start this month! Say this with me (out loud) Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer. Write it on a card. Carry it in your wallet, put it on your mirror or in your car. Let's be the salt and light! Can't wait to see y'all soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment